Tuesday 27 January 2015

Tribal Make-Up

 Inspiration from Wilder Mann made me want to look further into tribal face art. I really like the patterns and the colours as they're applied as though the features aren't there.

I found editorial looks devised from tribal looks but i preferred the originals from the tribes themselves.

I quickly sketched down some ideas I had using oil pastels. After deciding what colours and vaguely what kind of patterns i wanted i created some more defined sketches. When i'd decided on the design I wanted to use I then chose to use normal acrylic paint for this. I chose this from looking at Boo Ritson and Alexa Meade's work. 


I'm really happy with how it turned out and wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy that I decided to give the face a grey base as it adds to the tribal look.

No comments:

Post a Comment