Saturday 8 November 2014

Heading south

In preparation for visiting London for the day with college I did some research into the places we'd be visiting.

First I looked at the visitors guide for the UCAS fair. I found out that ual, leeds college of art, manchester metropolitan and the university of lincoln will all have stalls there. I've written down questions such as "what grades do i need?", What do you look for in applications and personal statements?", ect. to ask them as these are the quations I most need answering.

I then looked at the different museums we' be going to which included the Tate modern and the Victoria and Albert museum.

I've been interested in Mark Rothko's work for quite a few years. Not because i'm a fan, but because i'm not. Some of his work is on exhibition at the Tate modern so i will definitely try and visit his exhibit so I can experience them.




I also came across an exhibit on Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin which looked really interesting. Their work is based on city landscapes which are turned into dream-based images. I really like their monochrome style and want to look at their pieces in the museum out of personal interest.





After looking at what was on at the Tate modern I looked at the Victoria and Albert museum. I found the exhibit they currently have on wedding dresses from 1775-2014 which I have heard quite a bit about. This is a exhibit I am really looking forward to seeing as it will be interesting to experience how the style of the dresses have changed through the past 400 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment