Wednesday 29 April 2015

Collages

After looking at Richard Hamilton's "what makes todays homes so different, so appealing?" and doing my own automatic collages i decided i really liked doing them. i made a few little ones to start off my project, but i really wanted to do some with photoshop, after looking at Jeff Koons' collages that look much more automatic, with the images i got from the Sheffield Botanical Gardens.

My first was quite automatic in the i placed the flowers very randomly and changed the colours just to see how they would look when mixed with others

my second was purely experimental to see and remind myself of how overlaying an image with another could be seen to be sprouting through.

after making the saturation of the flower higher a friend said how it looked like coral. this gave an idea to place one of my images of the tree behind it, suggesting the sea, and cover the bottom to look like coral covering the sea floor.

I'd cut my paper collages to look like a sunbeam so i gave it a go using photoshop. it makes the image more interesting and i added block colouring as an inspiration from pop art.

I experimented here with making the sunbeam pattern using colours instead of cutting out the image. again reminding me of pop art with bright colours.

I wanted to create a new flower so i combined two. 

this collage was experimental as i wanted to see how the flower looked when the hue was changed.

i experimented more with hue and actually really like these last two images because they look more refined than the others and like a colour swatch.





No comments:

Post a Comment