Wednesday 10 December 2014

Make up artists

With this project i wanted to look at the way films portrayed "folk art" characters.

 I researched one of my favourite films, Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", and found two great make-up artists.
The first being Jaremy Aiello who has worked on films such as "The Chronicles of Narnia", "Hitchcock", "The Hills have eyes" and the popular tv series "The walking dead".




 As tribute to his work on the film "The chronicles of Narnia" I intend to create the face of a fawn. This links to one of my favourite characters of the film: Mr. Tumnus.


The second artist I liked for their former work was Richard Alonzo. His past work included being part of the make-up team for "Thor", "Oz the great and powerful", "pirates of the caribbean", and "Iron Man".


Because of finding these two artists I look forward do creating my own rendition of "The Queen of hearts" from Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" which both of them worked on. The bright colours of the make-up and theatrical elements within this look fit well with my Folk Art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment