Thursday 12 March 2015

Set Designs - Bauhaus automatic drawing inspired

I decided from my initial thoughts after looking at Bauhaus to think of set design and my pathway for this project. Thinking in terms of "Parade" i had decided i wanted two vocal points of the stage; one being the backdrop and the other to be the arch around the stage.

I started with quick designs for both elements which came from my automatic drawings i'd previously done.



From these i chose which shapes i wanted to change and manipulate into what i wanted and how i wanted to use them. colour was to be a large part of the project for me so i looked back at previous bauhaus research and decided on the colours to apply to my designs. they're mainly primary colours with few secondary to tie them together.



i'm happy with how my ideas developed as it is clear to see how they have progressed into further designs through the week. starting from automatic drawing allowed my designs to be exactly what i was thinking and i think the confidence within the shapes and designs shows in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment