Monday 30 March 2015

Richard Hamilton and his influences on my work

Looking at the sixties this piece by Richard Hamilton "just what is it that makes today's homes so different, so appealing" was known as the birth of Pop Art.
The piece is meant to represent a semi-ironic look at the mass market lifestyle which was adopted by America after the second world war.

In the style of Hamilton we made automatic collages.
Mine started out very automatic, with sticking pieces everywhere. Then I cut out from a magazine so the page looked like a sunbeam but placed it over previously stuck images. I really liked this effect and it became semi-automatic. I cut out this kind of deign a few other times in the collage and will be using it in further collages. I started cutting images up in similar ways but with subtle differences.






No comments:

Post a Comment