Wednesday 24 June 2015

My final exhibition
















 
My exhibition had three components: the fractal, the golden ratio and the hanging flowers.
 
 
The Fractal
 
My idea was to create an abstract flower with its petals being similar to that of my original collages. my mandalas were to represent the image of a smashed fractal. I used mandalas because they have similar features to fractals, mainly their precision and repetitive elements.
The idea to spout string from its corners came from when I looked back at my early work. the idea of negative and positive space fitted well with my exhibition as I wanted to create a space people had to navigate through.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Golden Ratio
I first looked at the golden ratio when we researched compositional rules at the beginning of the year. As fractals comply with the rule I thought it important to hint at it in my exhibition.
 
 
 
 
The Hanging Flowers
 
I tied flowers and hung them from where the string reached the ceiling then hung other flowers from various heights to look like they were floating. I wanted to incorporate real flowers into my exhibition some how because they were the original starting point of my project.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment