Sunday 7 June 2015

The failed flower colouring

To change the colour of a flowers petals I got some food colouring and some white roses.
 
 
I added a generous amount of black food colouring to some water and popped the flower in.

 
In the previous video which demonstrated this experiment, it took about an hour and a half so my expectations were high...

 
In retrospect 2 minutes might have been a bit too soon to expect results. after half an hour nothing had changed and I was a little disappointed.
An hour later and these were still no changes so I decided to leave it over night.
 
In the morning my dreams were dashed. there was absolutely no change to the flower which had been sitting in food colouring for over 7 hours.
 
This result may be due to the type of flower I used, roses have very tight stems. If I chose to do this experiment again I would have to choose a different flower with a larger stem to allow the food colouring to be absorbed. I'm extremely disappointed that I wasn't able to change the colour of a flowers petal without using photoshop. But at least that doesn't take all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment